What we believe about God
1. There is one God, the creator of all things, to whom all creatures owe the highest love, reverence and obedience. God is revealed to us as one God in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
What we believe about the Bible
2. The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God and are an infallible guide and final authority on all questions of what man is to believe and how he is to live. Additions to Scripture, either by supposed revelations of the Holy Spirit, or the ideas of man, are inadmissible.
What we believe about human beings
3. All men have sinned against God by breaking his commandments, and, guilty before God, are subject to his judgement and wrath. Sin has so affected man’s nature that he cannot, in his own strength, live as God requires or turn to God.
What we believe about salvation
4. God, in his great love and mercy, sent his Son into the world to be a mediator between sinners and himself. The Son, being truly God, took a real human nature & lived a sinless life in obedience to God the Father. God gave the Lord Jesus Christ to die on the cross as the Substitute for his people, bearing the full penalty for their sins. Christ rose from the dead and he ascended into heaven where he lives and reigns.
5. To make the death of Christ effective for individual sinners, it is necessary for the Holy Spirit to work in them. The Spirit renews their natures, makes their souls alive, giving them the desire and the ability to repent and believe in Christ as their Saviour and Lord.
What we believe about the Christian life
6. God justifies sinners by faith and adopts them to be his sons. The Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and further works in them and strengthens them so that they are enabled more and more to glorify God in their lives and to overcome sin and temptation within themselves. True believers are kept and preserved until they enter into the joys of heaven. The revelatory gifts of the Holy Spirit with which the early church was endowed have ceased.
What we believe about the church
7. The church of Christ is instituted by God for his worship and service, and for the encouragement and building up of his people. The local church is a fellowship of believers in Christ. Christ has instituted two special ordinances for the local church: baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
What we believe about the future
8. The Lord Jesus Christ will return personally, visibly and bodily, and in power and glory. The bodies of men after death return to dust but their spirits return immediately to God – the righteous to rest with him, the wicked to be reserved under darkness until the judgement. The bodies of all the dead, both just and unjust, will be raised.
God has appointed a day in which he will judge the world by Jesus Christ when everyone will receive according to his deeds. The wicked will go into everlasting punishment in hell with the devil and his angels. The righteous in Christ, with glorified bodies, will live and reign with Christ for ever.